What's the most beautiful thing about being a life and business coach?
The fact that the coaching/client relationship is reciprocal. I provide a valuable service, but you offer me invaluable insight and knowledge as well, just by sharing your honest, authentic self with me. And I look for this in nearly every relationship - whether I've met the person or not - I encounter.
Bruce Lee once said, "Relationship is a process of self evaluation and self revelation. Relationship is the mirror in which you discover yourself - to be is to be related."
2017 was about stepping into my power. It was about going big and being strong. I followed Lee's advice wholeheartedly and it has led me on an incredible journey of gratitude, self revelation, and, at times, complete and total joy.
Today, I share with you some of my goals of 2018. (I say "some," because I know it will evolve over time.) I am so excited for what the future holds for both you and I. We have great things coming.
- Plan two date nights/month for my husband and I.
- Create an extensive group coaching program with my husband, specifically for entrepreneurial fathers, which builds community, supports business growth, and strengthens families.
- Create an extensive group coaching program for entrepreneurial mothers, which builds community, supports business growth, and strengthens families.
- Take more pictures with my daughters - and include myself in them.
- Spend a few weeks working in a different city, so we can expose our children to new and exciting experiences.
- Continue to do gratitude sharing on a near nightly basis with my children (thanks to my husband for starting this.)
- Spend two nights/week a working (only after the kids have gone to bed.)
- Stick to our parenting and journal with my husband.
- Rally a community to champion and celebrate a specific cause, related to coaching, through social media.
- Hire a video production company to make a promo video for Bodem Coaching.
- Write a song and play guitar for an open mic night.
(This is by far the MOST scary thing on my list.)